Originally Posted by copydoc
my bad, i didn't know what medium meant, i thought you meant platform.
i am using Trillian with AIM. older versions i was able to group-chat just by selecting my people and then initiating a group chat.
AIM is one of the only mediums that you can initiate a group chat with in Trillian (The "Astra" medium does not support it yet).
To do this with AIM:
- Click the AIM service icon on your contact list, and select join a chat.
- Enter a name for the chat (optional)
- You'll now be in the chat, from there you can click the "invite" button on the top of the chat window and then select (or manually type in) other AIM users to invite.
Alternatively, you can also
- (During a conversation with an AIM user) Click the invite button on top of the message window
- Select (or manually type in) AIM users to invite. You *will* need to manually type in the screen name of the person who's IM box you were just in to invite. Click OK.
- The message window will now turn in to a chat window, which all of your friends will soon join.
The second method has a drawback/bug in that the logs for that chat will be under the person's who's IM box you turned in to the chat.