Go Back   Trillian Discussion Forums > General Discussions > Trillian for Windows

Registered Dec 2009
12 Posts
Old 04 Mar 2012, 02:52 PM
Astra is disconnected
Astra keeps disconnecting for me and then when I try to reconnect, the reconnecting... popup just sits there never reconnecting.

When I try to go to manage accounts, I can't click on the settings option for astra or any of the other connections.

I already reinstalled trillian to no avail.
Barrel Thrower
Registered Sep 2009
Located at Great White North
3,702 Posts
Old 04 Mar 2012, 04:23 PM
It's likely a connection issue related to your network/internet or security software not allowing it to send/recieve information correctly.
Registered Dec 2009
12 Posts
Old 04 Mar 2012, 04:34 PM
It just started today and I don't believe anything has changed on my network. Been using Trillian 5 since it was released.
Registered Jul 2012
1 Posts
Old 25 Jul 2012, 08:32 AM
Astra Disconnect Issue
I recently as of yesterday have been getting the Astra Disconnected and have changed nothing on my computer via internet / network. I don't know if the March issue was resolved or not but I have the latest version of Trillian IM None Beta (Trillian 5.1.0.19). I haven't had any issues at all with it other than just recently 7/24/2012.
Registered Jan 2010
3 Posts
Old 25 Jul 2012, 08:47 AM
Astra wouldn't connect for me this morning, and, when I looked at the status window, it said "Your version of Trillian is no longer allowed to connect." After that, a message eventually popped up telling me that there was an update available, so I installed it, and everything connected just fine.

Given that the new version is 5.1 build 20, and I was already running 5.1 build 19, I would hope that it's not normal behavior for all previous versions to be banned as soon as a new version comes out.
Don't feed the trolls.
Registered Mar 2001
Located at In a house.
2,662 Posts
Old 25 Jul 2012, 09:08 AM
Wow...seriously?

When there are changes, of course there is the chance that your version will no longer be compatible with the server. It is to be expected and personally, I think it is a good thing.

Thank you for the upgrade and improvements.
Official Admin
Cerulean Studios Developer
Registered Dec 2000
Located at Connecticut
870 Posts
Old 25 Jul 2012, 09:45 AM
Sorry about that - forced upgrades are not normal for us, I think they are rare, and moving forward we will try to have better mechanisms in place to accomodate a larger window for the next time we need a protocol change.
Registered Jan 2008
3 Posts
Old 25 Jul 2012, 10:35 AM
I just had a forced upgrade this morning to 5.20 and am getting the same 'Astra is Disconnected' message. I use Trillian all day every day and this never happened before.

If I hit 'Reconnect', it acts like everything is working properly for 5-10 seconds, then disconnects again. It also seems to periodically do this on its own, without me clicking 'Reconnect'
Registered Feb 2003
140 Posts
Old 25 Jul 2012, 10:57 AM
I am getting this as well,

Quote:
*** Creating connection "<username>".
*** Connection to ASTRA has failed: system errorcode "0".
*** You have been disconnected.
*** Attempting to reconnect in 41 seconds...
*** Reconnecting to ASTRA as "<username>".
*** Connection to ASTRA has failed: system errorcode "0".
*** You have been disconnected.
*** Attempting to reconnect in 33 seconds...
I replaced my username with <username> but that a cut and paste right from the client. Nothing changed but and update to trillian

Just made the change found here

http://help.trillian.im/discussions/...ror-connecting

Quote:
Sonya,

Can you let me know what version of Trillian you are currently running? i.e.: Trillian 5.1 build 20 for windows?

If you are running Trillian 5.1 build 20, can you change your port to connect to astra by going to the Trillian Button on the contact list -> Manage Accounts -> click on your astra username -> settings and change the port from 3158 -> 443?

-Kevin
That fixed for me
The Paranoid
Last edited by theparanoid; 25 Jul 2012 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: add fix
Registered Jul 2012
2 Posts
Old 25 Jul 2012, 10:57 AM
I've had the exact same problem as dj42 described. Been using Trillian all day every day for a while just fine. Had a forced upgrade this morning and get 'Astra is disconnected.' If I connect, it disconnects 5-10 seconds after. I've been trying for like 2 hours to fix it with no luck. I've tried changing my astral profile's connection settings to various different things with no luck.
The 'Show Status Window' on my astral profile says either System errorcode 0 or System errorcode 10060, depending on what connection I have set up. I checked my firewall settings and I believe that Trillian is allowed fine. I only have MSN, and my MSN is logged in correctly. Seems like everything else is working normally except this. Oh, and I also get a "Trillian is currently in offline mode" message when I first log in. I also tried uninstalling, rebooting, and then re-installing with no luck. Anyone have any ideas? Anyone else getting this?
Registered Feb 2003
140 Posts
Old 25 Jul 2012, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Sanders View Post
I've had the exact same problem as dj42 described. Been using Trillian all day every day for a while just fine. Had a forced upgrade this morning and get 'Astra is disconnected.' If I connect, it disconnects 5-10 seconds after. I've been trying for like 2 hours to fix it with no luck. I've tried changing my astral profile's connection settings to various different things with no luck.
The 'Show Status Window' on my astral profile says either System errorcode 0 or System errorcode 10060, depending on what connection I have set up. I checked my firewall settings and I believe that Trillian is allowed fine. I only have MSN, and my MSN is logged in correctly. Seems like everything else is working normally except this. Oh, and I also get a "Trillian is currently in offline mode" message when I first log in. I also tried uninstalling, rebooting, and then re-installing with no luck. Anyone have any ideas? Anyone else getting this?
Try changing you astra port to 443. I edit my above post as it just worked for me
The Paranoid
Registered Jan 2008
3 Posts
Old 25 Jul 2012, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theparanoid View Post
Try changing you astra port to 443
It seems something odd must be going on over there on the old port of 3158. Changing it to 443 fixed it for me - thanks!
Registered Jul 2012
2 Posts
Old 25 Jul 2012, 11:58 AM
Changing it to 443 worked for me as well

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Registered Mar 2002
Located at An Ant Farm
542 Posts
Old 25 Jul 2012, 12:02 PM
I had this Astra server connection problem too after upgrading v4.2 to the newest build as shown in http://forums.ceruleanstudios.com/sh...d.php?t=105748 ... Why the change from secured port 443 (employer's firewall blocks non-standard ports)?
Ant @ The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx) and Ant's Quality Foraged Links (http://aqfl.net).
Registered Jun 2006
Located at Wichita, Ks
42 Posts
Old 25 Jul 2012, 02:03 PM
It's been doing this the past few days to me as well.

Last night it popped up said there was an update to trillian, so i updated, but its still randomly disconnecting, ahh.

Since more than one person is having the issue, its most likely an actual trillian network issue.
Registered Mar 2002
Located at An Ant Farm
542 Posts
Old 25 Jul 2012, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by damnidunno View Post
It's been doing this the past few days to me as well.

Last night it popped up said there was an update to trillian, so i updated, but its still randomly disconnecting, ahh.

Since more than one person is having the issue, its most likely an actual trillian network issue.
I don't have any disconnection problems after using 443 port for Astra.
Ant @ The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx) and Ant's Quality Foraged Links (http://aqfl.net).
Registered Jun 2006
Located at Wichita, Ks
42 Posts
Old 25 Jul 2012, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antdude View Post
I don't have any disconnection problems after using 443 port for Astra.
k cool, i just tried that, and it hasnt disconnected since.
thanks
Registered Mar 2002
Located at An Ant Farm
542 Posts
Old 25 Jul 2012, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by damnidunno View Post
k cool, i just tried that, and it hasnt disconnected since.
thanks
Cool. Someone needs to sticky this forum thread.
Registered Jul 2012
2 Posts
Old 25 Jul 2012, 07:49 PM
Exclamation
assuming my employer blocks 443, are there any other alternate ports I can use?
Barrel Thrower
Registered Sep 2009
3,702 Posts
Old 25 Jul 2012, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahazuarus View Post
assuming my employer blocks 443, are there any other alternate ports I can use?
Just the default
Registered Oct 2011
48 Posts
Old 12 Aug 2012, 08:41 AM
Recently (1-2 days) my Astra account has been disconnecting constantly again.
I just looked over here again, and this 443 port change resolved the issue.
Why should we have to go through forums and internet to find the resolution and not just the last update have changed the default port in the first place?
Registered Apr 2007
4 Posts
Old 16 Aug 2012, 11:48 AM
I was having the disconnect problems weeks ago and switched to 443 to resolve them. But now it's back again for the last 2 days. I just changed to 3158 and I'm back in again. Kinda lame.
Registered Aug 2012
1 Posts
Old 21 Aug 2012, 12:08 PM
I have issues connecting too. 443,80 and default not working. It's only with Astra. Is there a way to surpress the Astra connecting and/or delay attempts?
Don't feed the trolls.
Registered Mar 2001
Located at In a house.
2,662 Posts
Old 21 Aug 2012, 12:14 PM
This thread is still open?

I am currently connected to Astra without any issues. If they are rolling out a new feature across servers you may see a disconnect and not be able to reconnect for a while. If you see it for more than 2 hours, try doing a trace route to the server to see if there is a blocked hop between you and Astra's servers.

Other than that, I was able to disconnect and reconnect just now without issue, so it may be a temporary thing on your end.

Maybe someone can post what address we can trace route to in order to be able to check it easily before so quickly blaming Cerulean and using needlessly inflammatory words such as "lame".
agnostic-stigmata
Registered Feb 2008
Located at Grand Rapids, Michigan
2,550 Posts
Old 21 Aug 2012, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by y0himba View Post

Maybe someone can post what address we can trace route to in order to be able to check it easily before so quickly blaming Cerulean and using needlessly inflammatory words such as "lame".

You serious about them using the word lame like that person did ? Enhance your calm John Spartan.
I am what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. I am agnostic-stigmata.
Registered Oct 2011
48 Posts
Old 24 Sep 2012, 11:44 AM
Astra keeps disconnecting on me last days. I've updated to the latest 5.2.13 (?) two days ago, but Astra keeps disconnecting at least 3-4 times a day, and Trillian doesn't reconnect automatically. When I click the Reconnect on the top yellow message, it connects Ok.
Is there a new option that disables auto-reconnect of Astra/services?
My port is 443.
Barrel Thrower
Registered Sep 2009
3,702 Posts
Old 24 Sep 2012, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedych View Post
Astra keeps disconnecting on me last days. I've updated to the latest 5.2.13 (?) two days ago, but Astra keeps disconnecting at least 3-4 times a day, and Trillian doesn't reconnect automatically. When I click the Reconnect on the top yellow message, it connects Ok.
Is there a new option that disables auto-reconnect of Astra/services?
My port is 443.
Probably just doing server updates.
Registered Oct 2011
48 Posts
Old 25 Sep 2012, 06:41 PM
Probably.
But it's the fact that I'm watching Trillian being Astra-offline for hours, then I hit Reconnect button, and it goes online again, straight away. Manually. At least 3 times a day. Today not being an exception.
Other protocols (Skype) remain connected at all time.
Last edited by tedych; 25 Sep 2012 at 06:59 PM..
Barrel Thrower
Registered Sep 2009
3,702 Posts
Old 25 Sep 2012, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedych View Post
Probably.
But it's the fact that I'm watching Trillian being Astra-offline for hours, then I hit Reconnect button, and it goes online again, straight away. Manually. At least 3 times a day. Today not being an exception.
Other protocols (Skype) remain connected at all time.
I'm having the same issue, as are many people. It's rare, astra usually never goes down unlsss they are doing something. Why it's gone down each day in the early afternoon sometime between 1pm and 3pm east.
Registered Oct 2011
48 Posts
Old 26 Sep 2012, 02:58 AM
Yes.
And I don't mind Astra (or any protocol for that matter) going down from time to time.
The real issue is why Trillian doesn't try to auto-reconnect when the protocol clearly has come up (at any time when I hit Reconnect, it connects right away and stays online, after hours of offline).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: