Go Back   Trillian Discussion Forums > Help and Support > Technical Support

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Registered Aug 2003
Located at Athlone, Ireland
41 Posts
Old 23 Oct 2009, 05:47 AM
facebook chat friends not showing
I am back testing Astra after abandoning the pro version last year for pidgin and then digsby. I have a facebook connection and can see friends status updates listed.

But my friends logged into facebook do not show in chat. Is this a missing feature of Trillian or do I need to set something else up.

Thanks, Tom.
agnostic-stigmata
Registered Feb 2008
Located at Grand Rapids, Michigan
2,550 Posts
Old 23 Oct 2009, 06:10 AM
If your able to receive new feeds then obviously you enabled the facebook plugin. Go to preferences/Identities and Connections then select facebook, click the settings tab then Miscellaneous. Scroll down that page a bit to the "Experimental Chat Support" and fill in your info.
Note that people will not show up in your contact list untill the next time they sign on to facebook chat.
I am what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. I am agnostic-stigmata.
Registered Aug 2003
41 Posts
Old 23 Oct 2009, 06:37 AM
Superb! Thanks for letting me know.

It appears that a similar feature has not been added for Skype yet - I'm not seeing my online Skype contacts anyway.

A nice feature would be the ability to mass move members between groups - I would prefer to not have a facebook chat group. but have them in friends and be able to merge contacts there.

Update, from http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/forum...+chat%22+group:

Quote:
What you need to do is create a MetaContact for the person in question. Add their Facebook chat to the MetaContact list for them and Astra will permanently show that person (on- or off- line).
You can then drag the MetaContact to any group you want and it will stay there, even if their ONLY contact method is FB chat.
Last edited by boardtc; 23 Oct 2009 at 06:44 AM..
agnostic-stigmata
Registered Feb 2008
Located at Grand Rapids, Michigan
2,550 Posts
Old 23 Oct 2009, 06:39 AM
You must have skype running while astra is running due to restrictions set by skype.
I am what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. I am agnostic-stigmata.
Registered Aug 2003
41 Posts
Old 23 Oct 2009, 06:40 AM
Of course, yes, my Skype was running, but I was not connected! sorry my bad
Last edited by boardtc; 23 Oct 2009 at 07:12 AM..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: